3 Tips for Hiring a Catering Company

3 Tips for Hiring a Catering Company

Whether you’re throwing a birthday bash, organizing your wedding or a corporate event, hiring the right catering service is key to impress your guests.

In such a competitive business, there are a few things you should keep in mind before making a decision that could ruin the overall experience for anyone that attends your celebrations. Keep reading to see how you can make your parties memorable.

3 Tips to hire the right catering service

1) Know your guests: This may sound controlling, but it’s important to know exactly who’s coming to your event, who they’re coming with, and what kind of diet they are on.

It would be embarrassing to serve them a dish with an ingredient that could cause them an allergic reaction or to offer them a steak if they’re vegan.

To avoid this, you can ask your guests about their eating preferences. Not only will they be happy with your choices, but they will also feel included.

2) Ask for samples: This one should be obvious; you can’t hire a catering service without trying their food before.

A professional catering service will provide you with samples of different menus to choose from. This way, you will know what to expect with the flavor.

3) Do your research: Before you even consider a catering company, you should go to their website and Social Media to take a look at their work.

If there’s not much to see online, you can always request to see photos of events they have thrown.

You could also ask for an opinion if you know anyone who has hired catering services in the past. However, keep in mind that their advice could be based on personal business with the company and not necessarily related to their service.

A final piece of advice

Catering experts have a lot of experience, listen to them and let them guide you. Ask them what kind of meals are well received, or what their specialties are, and you will surely have a successful event.

Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to subscribe for more!

Amanda Drew

5 months ago

It sounds like a good idea to ask guests what their eating preferences are so that you can be sure that everyone is happy with it. We’re going to have a big surprise party for my parent’s anniversary soon, and we want to be sure that everyone is well fed without people having to worry about making food. It sounds I’ll have to find a catering service to come out.

Annika Larson

4 months ago

This spring, my fiance and I will be getting married. We want to make sure we find a quality caterer for the event. As you suggested, we’ll be sure to try samples of different menus to know what to expect.

Cece Suhail

2 weeks ago

Great! We’re so happy we could help!

Best Caterer in Delhi

4 months ago

Thank you for such beautiful tips. it helped me a lot, and finally i booked the caterer for my sister’s marriage from shaadismart. thank you and thank you shaadismart for this.

Cece Suhail

2 weeks ago

Congratulations! Glad we were able to help you with your sisters wedding!

Harper Campbell

3 months ago

As our wedding plans are starting to take flight, my fiance and I are in need of choosing a caterer for the big day. It’s interesting to learn that one way to make sure that we are choosing the right one is by asking the ones we are looking at for samples. This will be good for us so that we will know if it has the taste that we are wanting our food to have.

Cece Suhail

2 weeks ago

Good luck! Be sure to check out some of our other articles to help you plan for your big day:

gloria durst

2 months ago

I agree that you would want to sample the catering food before you choose it. It would be good to consider the samples because it would help decide on the taste. My brother is looking for a catering service, so he’ll have to consider sampling the food first.

Cece Suhail

2 weeks ago

So happy that we could help your brother out for his big day!

Callum Palmer

1 month ago

While it does seem obvious, the article does have a point about asking for samples from the caterer. You do want to make sure that their food is good before you hire them. However, you might also want to ask if they have samples of different foods for different diets like vegan and gluten-free.

Cece Suhail

2 weeks ago

Very good point! You have to remember the dietary restrictions that some guests may have.

Amanda Drew

1 month ago

I think that you make a good suggestion to ask your guests what sort of foods they’d prefer to eat. My grandma is turning 90 this year, and us grandkids wanted to host a big dinner/party for her. I’m in charge of the food, so here I am. Your tips should really help me find the right catering service with food that my grandma will love.

Sitbal Suhail

3 weeks ago

Excellent, wishing you and your grandmother all the best!!

Gloria Durst

4 weeks ago

I agree that you would want to consider who your guests are before choosing a catering company. It would be good to find someone who is able to meet the correct dietary restrictions. My sister is looking for a catering company to help her host a banquet, so she’ll have to consider dietary restrictions first.

Madison White

3 weeks ago

The best part of your article for me is when you talked about how you can ask the caterer for their food samples so you can get an idea of their cooking style. This will help you to decide whether to hire them or not. My brother is getting married soon, so I’m helping them to find the best caterer to hire for their event. It’s important for me to know the different food menu that they offer and how each meal tastes so we’ll know what to expect from them because our goal is also to satisfy the guests of the event. I will make sure to remember all your useful tips.

Sitbal Suhail

3 weeks ago

Excellent, we are so happy to help!

Newsletter

Join our newsletter to get event tips and special offers!

We've got you covered